Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm back.

I've made it back from the arctic. I did not see Santa. But I'm not dead yet. In fact, I'm nominated for the ALA's Rainbow List.

I didn't come back to Chicago right away. In fact, I rolled through Canada to the great lakes (in that contraption of my own making) to go to Rochester, where the boss and I were both booked at the Teen Book Fest. Rode in a hot rod with AS King, caroused with Terry Trueman, Barry Lyga, Paul Griffin, Shawn Goodman, James Kennedy, and Jack Ferraiolo.

And, of course, as soon as I got back to Chicago and HQ, Selzer put me back to work.

"THERE you are!" he said. "Thank god. I need someone to make me a set of Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 action figures."

"Huh?"

"Complete with a coffee shop action playset. Hurry. I want to act out my favorite scenes. And by the way, I think I might be going into the basement of the building on the site of the Murder Castle next month for a cable show to look for ghosts, so you'll want to start drilling the interns for what to do if something goes wrong."

"Gotcha."

"And we're getting some hate mail from Oxfordians ever since the Shakespeare guides came out."

"Naturally."

"And I started you a tumblr so we can see about getting some people to pay you five bucks for holy quests."

"Why?"

"So we can be tax exempt!"

"You're weird, Selzer."

Maybe I should go look for Santa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...